Pico de Gallo, or Salsa Fresca is pretty much amazing. There are lots of ways to make Pico and many variations depending on what flavors you prefer. For me, I like to keep it simple. Tomatoes, onion, garlic, fresh cilantro, and fresh lime plus a generous sprinkle of course sea salt.
This salsa stinks up my kitchen table and fridge in a very, very, delicious way.The combination of fresh ingredients and aromas is incredible. I like to make it a couple hours in advance of serving it because the flavors have some time to combine and marry together. It just makes it that much better. If you’re in a hurry though, there is no need to let it sit. Just serve it right away.
This Pico is wonderful atop Sweet Pork Burritos, Enchiladas, Tacos, Taco Salad, Black Beans and Rice, or just plain with some tortilla chips. Eat it how you want but be sure to enjoy it!
- 4-6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Sea salt
- Dice the tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Chop the cilantro into desired size.
- Combine ingredients into a bowl. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top and sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- Taste and salt more as desired.
- Serve or refrigerate immediately.